You Will Need::
1 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. milk chocolate
4 oz. sweet cooking chocolate or white chocolate
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
1. Butter 10 x 15 in baking sheet.
2. Combine sugar, butter, water & salt in heavy saucepan.
3. Place over med-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
4. Continue boiling, shaking pan occasionally until candy thermometer registers 305 degrees.
5. Remove from heat & stir in vanilla.
6. Pour onto 10×15 buttered baking sheet& let stand until cool & hardened.
1. Melt 2 oz. of each chocolate in a smaller pan & spread it on top.
2. Immediately spread chopped nuts on top of the chocolate before it cools.
3. Allow to cool for 30 mins & repeat on the other side of the toffee.