Holiday candies have been a tradition at my house for as long as I can remember. This Christmas, while I was home, I raided my mom’s recipe box for all of my favorites. Over the next few weeks, I will share the recipes with you! Enjoy.
You Will Need::
1 cup sugar
1 cup salted peanuts
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. On 1 1/2 qt. casserole, stir together sugar & syrup and microwave on high for 4 mins.
2. Stir in peanuts and microwave on high 3-5 mins (until light brown)
3. Add butter & vanilla, blend well- microwave on high 1-2 mins (peanuts will be lighlty brown and syrup will be very hot)
4. Add baking soda and gently stir until light & foamy
5. Quickly pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet
6. Cool for a half hour & break into small pieces for serving