I recently bought two new herbs; a sweet mint and a lemon balm. I started doing some research on the benefits of these herbs. Yesterday I made a mint/lemon water and it’s AWESOME! A refreshing taste for any summer day!
Here are a few benefits of Mint and Lemon Water:
- Relaxing the muscles that line your digestive tract, thereby promoting less gas production and better overall digestion.
- Providing symptomatic relief for painful inflammatory states like arthritis, chronic tendinitis, and acute sprains and strains.
- Shrinking or dissolving gallstones, especially when used in combination with a few other compounds called terpenes (borneol, camphene, pinene, and cineole).
- Combating the proliferation of viruses, most notably, the herpes simplex virus.
1. Lemon water helps clean the toxins out of your body. Your skin can’t look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins!
2. Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems when mixed with hot water. These include nausea, heartburn, constipation or parasites.
3. Lemons have high vitamin C content, it is used to prevent and treat many infections, hasten wound healing, and diminish allergies.
4. Lemon is a diuretic. This means that lemon water is especially good for people with urinary tract infections.
Start your engine everyday by drinking a glass of room temperature, lukewarm to warm, lemon water first thing every morning! This is a tip from Traditional Chinese Medicine. It’s important to start your day with water everyday because of the time lapse between going to bed and getting up. Water hydrates your body naturally. Caffeine found in coffee, dehydrates your body.